"Remastered" Atari's Greatest Hits for Android Lollipop

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
CodeMystics

"Remastered" Atari's Greatest Hits for Android Lollipop

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi all,

For those who had Atari's Greatest Hits on Android and found it incompatible with Lollipop, we have worked out a solution with Atari.

There is a new app, called Atari's Greatest Hits ReMaster in the Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sthits2015

You will be able to transfer your purchases from the old app to the new one. See the FAQ below.

Atari’s Greatest Hits for Google Play:
Compatibility and In-App Purchase Recovery FAQ

Atari’s Greatest Hits is crashing on my Android device and/or I cannot buy or restore purchases. What can I do?

First, you will need to download the new 2.0 version of Atari’s Greatest Hits from the Google Play store. This updated version of AGH supports Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) and beyond, can make new purchases and can also restore your old purchases from the earlier version of Atari’s Greatest Hits. Once you have Version 2, see the instructions below for restoring purchases.

How do I restore purchases in Atari’s Greatest Hits from the Google Play store?

When you’re browsing the games, press the List icon on the lower left of the screen and scroll to the bottom and select the “Restore Purchases” option. If you made your purchases under this new Version 2, select “Restore Purchase from Version 2”. If you made your purchases under the previous version of AGH, select “Restore Purchases from Version 1” and follow the additional steps below.

How do I unlock my purchases from Version 1 on Version 2?

Because of Google Privacy Policies, we are unable to retrieve your purchase information for Version 1 automatically, but there is a way to unlock your purchases under the old Version 1 app in the new Version 2 app.

To do this, first you will need to go online and provide your Google Account ID to Atari’s server so it can look up your purchases. After selecting “Restore Purchases from Version 1” (see above) you’ll be prompted to give permission to go online and send the name of your Google ID to Atari’s server by an encrypted connection.

Next, you’ll need to provide details of your previous purchase(s) to the app. These details can be found in the receipt from your Google Wallet for your old in-app purchase. Simply look up the Order # and date, and provide these details as well as your location on our transfer form exactly as it appeared on your receipt.

Once these details are confirmed, your Version 1 purchases will be unlocked under Version 2.

I have more than one purchase under Version 1. How do I unlock all of them?

You can only unlock one purchase each time you use the “Restore Purchases from Version 1” option. Simply repeat the steps for each purchase using the appropriate receipt for each. Unlocking each additional purchase will not affect earlier unlocks; they will remain unlocked.

Will I have to do this every time I reinstall the app?

No, once a Version 1 purchase has been verified by our server, it can automatically be restored next time you re-install and select “Restore Purchases from Version 1”. There will be no need to re-enter the same details.

How do I know if I have Version 1 or Version 2?

It is possible to have Version 1 and Version 2 installed at the same time. To know which version you are running, check the bottom of the Credits screen. The Credits can be found by pressing the “List” icon on the bottom left when browsing games, then scrolling to the bottom of that menu.

Why can’t Version 1 be fixed?

Updating apps in the Google Play store requires a secret key that cannot be replaced. Unfortunately, since its 2014 reorganisation it has been determined tha the key is no longer in Atari's possession. Though Google offers no fallback for this situation, we've gone to great lengths to minimise the impact on customers by creating a service that will allow you to migrate your purchase to the new title free of charge. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Troubleshooting:

When I select “Restore Purchases from Version 1” nothing happens.

You must be online to use the recovery system. Please confirm you have a functioning Internet connection.

I cannot find the receipt in my Google Wallet.

It is possible your purchase may have been completed under a different Google ID. Check the Google Wallet of other accounts you may use.

I get the error message, “A matching order number was not found. Please check your wallet and try again.”

The purchase date, order ID, purchased package, and address you enter in the recovery form must match the spelling, etc. exactly as it appears on the associated receipt. Please confirm all of these items are correct. If the problem persists, try a purchase date that is one day earlier or later than what appears on your receipt, in case the issue is a difference in time zone between your receipt and our servers. If you are still unable to restore your purchase successfully, please contact Customer Support.

Update: the Order ID may appear as part of a longer Transaction ID number. The Order ID is typically 15-16 digits. If your receipt has a longer number separated by periods, try using the 15-16 digit block alone.

I get the error message, “Sorry, that purchase was refunded. It is no longer available for transfer.”

You will get this error message if you try to restore a purchase for which a refund has been issued. Those purchases are no longer eligible for use in Version 2. If you believe you repurchased the content after the refund, look for more recent receipts in your Google Wallet or check other Google IDs you may use.

I get the error message, “Sorry, that purchase has been transferred to a different Google account. It is no longer available for transfer.”

The receipt you’ve provided has already been used to assign the purchase to a different Google ID. Each receipt may be used by only one Google ID. If you believe your receipt was incorrectly assigned to someone else, please contact Customer Support and provide the full details of your receipt including the Google ID under which the purchase was made. Please note in the case of dispute over the legitimate owner of a purchase, Atari Customer Support can only assign the purchase to the user whose Google ID made the original purchase.
Drbob2112

Re: "Remastered" Atari's Greatest Hits for Android Lollipop

Post by Drbob2112 »

How do we contacy support if purchases wont restore from v1?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Drbob2112 wrote:How do we contacy support if purchases wont restore from v1?
Looks like this is Atari's support URL: http://support.atari.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

However, if you want to send your prior purchase details here to us by PM instead (or as well), we can see if we can get your issue to the right people.
bdoggusmc

Post by bdoggusmc »

How would I restore my purchase from Amazon? I got the 99 game package for $9.99.

Thanks,
Brian
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

bdoggusmc wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:53 am How would I restore my purchase from Amazon? I got the 99 game package for $9.99.
The Restore Purchases button is available on the List View. Press the List button on the lower left corner of the menu, scroll to the bottom of the list, and select Restore Purchases.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

My receipt for the purchase does not have a transaction number. What do I need to do?
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Ducky wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:46 pm My receipt for the purchase does not have a transaction number. What do I need to do?
Send us a private message with a screenshot of the receipt, the address, email, purchase date, and type of download purchased.
Ccatalyst

Post by Ccatalyst »

I bought atari greatest hits for my Android phone in August 2014, I just got a new android phone and I cannot restore my purchases , I bought the 99 game pack and would like to restore it to my new phone. I tried to find a phone #, or an email to write to but I could not find one anywhere. I tried to send a pm to code mystics but it won't let me since I am a newbie even after I friends them. Please help.

Many thanks
Rick
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Ccatalyst wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:09 am I bought atari greatest hits for my Android phone in August 2014, I just got a new android phone and I cannot restore my purchases , I bought the 99 game pack and would like to restore it to my new phone. I tried to find a phone #, or an email to write to but I could not find one anywhere. I tried to send a pm to code mystics but it won't let me since I am a newbie even after I friends them. Please help.

Many thanks
Rick
Hi,

Unfortunately, it appears that Atari has shut down the servers for migrating purchases from the old Android version of Atari's Greatest Hits to the "Remastered" version (which is what you would need to restore purchases on a new phone). It looks like the Remastered version is also removed from the Google Play store.

As we mentioned in another thread, while Atari hired us to make the product, we have no involvement in the sale of it. We don't even have the credentials necessary to access to Google Play Store or update the product if we were allowed to. Sorry we can't be of more help.