Serious problems with kof98UMFE netcode

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
albedo58

Serious problems with kof98UMFE netcode

Post by albedo58 »

Look...it is hard to be civilized when it comes to the quality of this netcode.

First, the pings displayed are greatly inaccurate. They not only fluctuate by very wide margins, but they aren't anywhere the same pings that I see if I (and my opponent) were to log onto GGPO. There is something very wrong with the ping display and I'm going to speculate that this has an effect on the amount of delay that is being experienced.

The delay is absolutely atrocious. Explain to me how I can play against a player in kof98UMFE and have completely unplayable, 1 second input delay matches, and then immediately log into Kof13 and play against that same player and have pretty much flawless games. And how about that I can log onto GGPO and first notice that the ping displayed on GGPO is half or more of the ping that was being displayed in kof98UMFE? There is something seriously wrong with your code.

I'll have to add also that the keyboard support is very poor. It does not recognize half circles motions well at all. Basically for me to perform a half circle (say, half circle forweard) properly in your port, I have to do two seperate motions. a back to down, and then a down to forward. I can't do it in one continuous motion like I can in any other games, such as GGPO games, kof13, etc.

The quality of this port is unacceptable and if you want your company to have any kind of credibility, I would suggest you work and work and work on this port until it is done right. This is a disgrace of a port, as if this is the first time you have ever programmed netplay for a game.
CodeMystics

Re: Serious problems with kof98UMFE netcode

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi albedo58,

There's more info on the cause behind the netcode issue here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=531

We've made improvements on that and other issues in the new V1.01 beta:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/222420/di ... 792416671/