KOF98UMFE pressing start bug

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
NINfan101

KOF98UMFE pressing start bug

Post by NINfan101 »

First let me list my specs.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

DDR2 2 Gigs of RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Windows XP

Now as for the issue i'm having, i'm using MotionInJoy for my Dualshock 3 to be a XBOX 360 controller. When I go to practice mode and press start to pause the game after the settings are done, the game crashes and tells me I have an error and needs to close.

I'm also having issues with weird slowdown and haven't tried online but hear ping spikes are crazy and this is just weird to have a bug that crashes my game like this. Any solutions for any of this?
CodeMystics

Re: KOF98UMFE pressing start bug

Post by CodeMystics »

NINfan101 wrote:i'm using MotionInJoy for my Dualshock 3 to be a XBOX 360 controller. When I go to practice mode and press start to pause the game after the settings are done, the game crashes and tells me I have an error and needs to close.
That's not an issue we've encountered before. Is there anything unusual about the configuration of the controller? For example, is the Start button set to auto-fire? Can you confirm that the Start button is mapped to the START function in the CONTROLS menu under HELP & OPTIONS? (Highlight the START row, press LK to reassign and then press your designated Start button again to see if the mapping changes.) If you map a different button to the START function in the CONTROLS menu and use that instead, does the problem still occur?
NINfan101

Post by NINfan101 »

http://imgur.com/a/eH8Sx

KOF 1 shows I do not have auto or anything extra on.

KOF 2 shows my options for the controller are fine

KOF 3 shows practice menu functioning as normal

KOF 4 shows regular game play

KOF 5 shows the pause menu as normal...?

Perhaps full screening it at the start caused it, will test later but I didn't get it when I did not fullscreen.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

We have seen a report of a similar problem in a different forum. The issue seems to occur when the driver such as MotionInJoy maps the button to the keyboard at the same time, making the action happen twice. Is that the case for you? If so, which keyboard key is it mapped to?
NINfan101

Post by NINfan101 »

The start key as I switched over to X-Input wrapper seems to give me issues.

EDIT: Despite switching controls including on keyboard I am still experiencing random crashes. I have no idea what is causing it.
Cloud51023

Post by Cloud51023 »

I get random crashes too (startup, start screen and randomly in game).

Windows 7 64bit

Phenom 965 x4

8gb ddr3 1600 ram

6870 1gb vram amd
cyxceven

Post by cyxceven »

I registered to report the same thing.

Hitting the Escape key, or the start button on my SFIV FightStick TE (Xinput) during a match crashes the game 99% of the time.

I don't use MotionInJoy, nor have I changed the default input mapping.
NINfan101

Post by NINfan101 »

So after talking it out with Miggoh, it appears my card isn't very compatible with 98 UM FE despite being able to run XIII and play on it.

We tried looking for the latest drivers but the machine's GPU doesn't even get registered when we try to autodetect them.