KOF 98 UMFE Desynch issue.

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Uzu

KOF 98 UMFE Desynch issue.

Post by Uzu »

I was playing with a friend minutes ago and we had a decent match and everything, However near the end of the match i noticed weird behavior on his end (just walking forward) and when the match ended i returned to the lobby and hit ready immediately and i noticed that my friend apparently was just moving the cursor up and down in the menu, I asked him what was up and we got to the conclusion that we somehow desynched on that previous match, the next match never started for me but it did for him, It's interesting to note that my inputs were still being sent while i was in the menu and he was in this match that never started for me, I started spinning my joystick while on the menu and he saw my character move in-game.
CodeMystics

Re: KOF 98 UMFE Desynch issue.

Post by CodeMystics »

Uzu wrote:I was playing with a friend minutes ago and we had a decent match and everything, However near the end of the match i noticed weird behavior on his end (just walking forward) and when the match ended i returned to the lobby and hit ready immediately and i noticed that my friend apparently was just moving the cursor up and down in the menu, I asked him what was up and we got to the conclusion that we somehow desynched on that previous match, the next match never started for me but it did for him, It's interesting to note that my inputs were still being sent while i was in the menu and he was in this match that never started for me, I started spinning my joystick while on the menu and he saw my character move in-game.
Thanks for the information. You were matched by invite? How many times had you returned to the lobby before this problem started? What were your pings/lag like?
Flotilla

Post by Flotilla »

CodeMystics wrote: Thanks for the information. You were matched by invite? How many times had you returned to the lobby before this problem started? What were your pings/lag like?
To answer some of these questions (since I'm his friend), we were matched together through quickmatch when this occurred. If I recall correctly the desync occurred during our first rounds together; we had only been in the lobby once before, when we were initially matched. His ping showed as around 160ms to me, and there wasn't a huge amount of lag. However, I recall having a massive lagspike where the game seemed to slow to a crawl right before it became very apparent that our games had desynced. After that point, he stopped moving, probably because he had returned to menu and saw little reason to move. During this time, my ingame jumps were seen as me navigating up and down on the menu to him, and when he started pressing up and down in the menus, it appeared as him jumping ingame to me.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

We have found a major source of desyncs and have fixed this in the version 1.02 beta build 490140. You can learn more here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/222420/di ... 589443200/