Atari's Greatest Hits on iOS 8

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
CodeMystics

Re: Atari's Greatest Hits on iOS 8

Post by CodeMystics »

mojo2cool wrote:I have noticed that the app has been pulled from the app store. I was worried, that all plans have been dropped for updating this wonderful app. I'm glad to see that code mystics is continuing to work on the problem. I purchased the game and was only able to enjoy it for a couple of weeks before the iOS 8 update. It worked great with iCade system and I had a blast. I am hoping for a quick and professional resolution.
Yes, we heard that as well. (As noted above, we have no involvement in the game's App Store presence.) Don't worry, nothing has changed for us... The fix is still in-progress.
jrvtaylor

Post by jrvtaylor »

Atari posted an update today on their Facebook page saying it was being taken down so they can complete the last phase of the update for ios8 which will be released in days hopefully
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (149.79 KiB) Viewed 26607 times
Last edited by jrvtaylor on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigdragon60

Post by bigdragon60 »

"Hepefully" you are right.
:roll:
mojo2cool

Post by mojo2cool »

Sounds like good news!
richmlow

Post by richmlow »

This is excellent news!!

richmlow
flojomojo

Post by flojomojo »

Hope so. If nothing else, it stops the flow of (deservedly) bad reviews for leaving a broken game in the store. It's been 141 days so far since the release of iOS 8.
bigdragon60

Post by bigdragon60 »

In that time (141 days), I've seen every other app on my phone have at least one update, some have been updated multiple times! This is the ONLY app on my phone anyway that's had no evidence of support whatsoever since ios8 arrived. You have to go completely out of apple and Atari before you get to hear any talk of updates or fixes. Sometimes I wonder if this is just an elaborate experiment to find out how resolute the small fan base is. Right about now I am wondering WHY I was a fan.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

bigdragon60 wrote:In that time (141 days), I've seen every other app on my phone have at least one update, some have been updated multiple times! This is the ONLY app on my phone anyway that's had no evidence of support whatsoever since ios8 arrived. You have to go completely out of apple and Atari before you get to hear any talk of updates or fixes. Sometimes I wonder if this is just an elaborate experiment to find out how resolute the small fan base is. Right about now I am wondering WHY I was a fan.
By that measure, we prepared a viable fix 120 days ago, about two weeks after we were made aware of the problem. The history since then is documented above.

What we're dealing with now is not really an update anymore, so the comparison isn't valid. It's a rewrite of about 50% of the game, in order to catch up with about 4 years of iOS evolution. Please keep in mind that when Atari's Greatest Hits was developed, iPhone 4 was leading edge and iPads and the concept of a tablet in general had only been in the public mind for a few months. Atari's bankruptcy happened a few months after the iPhone 5 came out, and so the app never really progressed since then. So, The Powers That Be were fully briefed by us that if we were forced to go the route of "updating" instead of using the bug fix from October, it would take about three months from the point we were given the greenlight. We're doing all we can.
flojomojo

Post by flojomojo »

If I were an eccentric billionaire, I'd buy these classics and turn them over to you, Code Mystics. Modern Atari has not been a very good steward of Classic Atari assets.

Unfortunately, I'm not an eccentric billionaire, just a weird nerd, which doesn't cut it for this situation.
mojo2cool

Post by mojo2cool »

And we continue to patiently wait. Thanks for all your efforts. At least something is getting done, and the project hasn't been abandoned.