Atari's Greatest Hits on iOS 8

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
bma

Re: Atari's Greatest Hits on iOS 8

Post by bma »

Is there any update to this at all?

It's getting quite frustrating. Atari are ignoring all emails about the issue (they just don't bother replying) and Apple are refusing to refund my purchase since it's "Atari's responsibility". Meanwhile I'm stuck with an £8 game that I can't use, through no fault of my own.

If Atari were so intent on getting this resolved, they wouldn't still be selling a game which they know is faulty. Surely that's actually illegal (as of right now, both the game and its unusable in-app purchases are available to buy in the UK App Store).
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

bma wrote:Is there any update to this at all?

It's getting quite frustrating. Atari are ignoring all emails about the issue (they just don't bother replying) and Apple are refusing to refund my purchase since it's "Atari's responsibility". Meanwhile I'm stuck with an £8 game that I can't use, through no fault of my own.

If Atari were so intent on getting this resolved, they wouldn't still be selling a game which they know is faulty. Surely that's actually illegal (as of right now, both the game and its unusable in-app purchases are available to buy in the UK App Store).
We can't speak on behalf of Atari, but it's only been two weeks since Apple finally rejected the proposed solution that would've fixed the problem but kept the app unchanged. (See the details in our earlier posts.)
Bstoveman

Post by Bstoveman »

It has been a couple weeks since the last update and wanted to see if anything has changed.

I bought my son the iCade for Christmas and was planning on adding the games from this app and wonder if I should try and get a refund.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Bstoveman wrote:It has been a couple weeks since the last update and wanted to see if anything has changed.

I bought my son the iCade for Christmas and was planning on adding the games from this app and wonder if I should try and get a refund.
We've just recently been given the go-ahead on our "Plan B", so the retrofit to iOS 8 compatibility is now in progress. The iTunes store is very busy around the holidays, so we would can't say it would be live by Christmas, but it will be addressed.
snable

Post by snable »

Thanks for your effort, guys.
Rebel5

Post by Rebel5 »

Thanks for your efforts in provinding us with an excellent game and for the constant updates very much appreciated
richmlow

Post by richmlow »

Hi Code Mystics,

I'm very glad that 'Plan B' is in action! Thank you for your continued support of 'Atari's Greatest Hits' on the iOS platform! =)

richmlow
chupiebird

Post by chupiebird »

:D Thanks Tech Support!! Please inform us as soon as the fix or way to fix is available!!
ranchracer

Post by ranchracer »

Thank you Code Mystics for staying on top of this. We really appreciate your work and responsiveness.

As for Atari, I've reported them them to the Better Business Bureau, and I would suggest everyone in this thread do the same.

It's absolutely inexcusable that they've let this issue go unresolved for as long as it has, and even worse that they've continued to sell the game and collect our money when they KNEW that it wasn't working in iOS 8. This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with an app. It's one thing if it's a free app or .99 cents, but when I give a company 10 dollars I expect their product to work, and I also expect them to respond to support tickets and emails. They're just ignoring us all.
bma

Post by bma »

Personally, I think it's disgusting that this is *STILL* for sale in the app store. Completely immoral and wrong.