Kof 98umfe classic mode

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
CodeLine

Kof 98umfe classic mode

Post by CodeLine »

Hello I have a couple questions about kof98 vanilla in Kof98 UMFE. I would appreciate your answers.

Could it be possible to make the original kof98 in this game available to play online using the rollback?

I also have another question about this kof98. It seems to be a modified rom of some sort. The audio doesnt come from any rom but from the audio ogg files AND the input recognition is also not from the original rom. I have checked and the input recognition from original 98 is pretty bad. This 98 vanilla has the modern input recognition from 98umfe. That makes it a superior version, and the best way to play original 98. that is why it would be great to be able to play it with rollback. Is this a modified rom with better input recognition, or is just a new game that doesnt have anything to do with the neo geo rom?

thanks for taking the time to respond.
CodeMystics

Re: Kof 98umfe classic mode

Post by CodeMystics »

Hi,

Thanks for the questions.

It would be non-trivial to make the NEOGEO MODE version support online play, though it is of course possible. Though ultimately the decision is SNK's. You can of course use Steam's Play Together feature but that won't give you access to the advanced netcode features.

As to what NEOGEO MODE is, it is not a modified ROM. It derives from the Xbox implementation merged with the NESiCA version.
CodeLine

Re: Kof 98umfe classic mode

Post by CodeLine »

thanks for the information.