Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is not unlocking any bundle content

Having an issue with one of our games? Browse this section for answers to common problems, or post your own questions to get support from us.
Rockethero

Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is not unlocking any bundle content

Post by Rockethero »

Recently I have purchased Killer Instinct on PC, the Definitive edition. However, when I open the game up, none of the characters, skins, or KI coins have been unlocked on my account. Ive spoken to Microsoft support, and after several fix attempts, I was directed here.
CodeMystics

Re: Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is not unlocking any bundle content

Post by CodeMystics »

Sorry. Whoever directed you to us is mistaken. We developed only the Bonus Material viewer (and separately KI1 Classic and KI2 Classic, but they are not part of the PC version). We were not in any way involved in the main game, its entitlements or its packaging. That was done internally by Microsoft. As such, unfortunately, we have no insight to offer into that part of the product.
Creepinbones

Post by Creepinbones »

I just went through this with Microsoft and they sent me here also. Someone from your company should probably talk to them about this issue.
If I understand correctly you guys are in charge of the original killer instinct and killer instinct2 arcade most of the arcade digital stuff correct?

When it comes to game development and character unlocks I do believe that is Microsoft’s problem and they should address that properly so I will head back to Microsoft.

I never knew this company existed until this issue at least some good came out of this problem from what I’ve read about your company it’s pretty awesome I love what you guys are doing and hope you continue on doing it.

Thanks
Last edited by Creepinbones on Tue May 24, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Thanks for the information and the compliments. :) Could you let us know who at Microsoft is directing you to us? We'd like to get that rectified.
lOwOwl

Post by lOwOwl »

Hello, I have same problem, in microsoft support they told me to contact the developer, the developer in the xbox application indicated Code Mystics
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

lOwOwl wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:11 am Hello, I have same problem, in microsoft support they told me to contact the developer, the developer in the xbox application indicated Code Mystics
We're the developer of the new launcher front end (with all the Bonus Material, movies, etc.), not the product as a whole. Microsoft performed the bundling. Can you share with us the Microsoft Support contact link or email that you used to reach out to them so we can advise them of the correct developer details, please?
lOwOwl

Post by lOwOwl »

CodeMystics wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:34 am
lOwOwl wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:11 am Hello, I have same problem, in microsoft support they told me to contact the developer, the developer in the xbox application indicated Code Mystics
We're the developer of the new launcher front end (with all the Bonus Material, movies, etc.), not the product as a whole. Microsoft performed the bundling. Can you share with us the Microsoft Support contact link or email that you used to reach out to them so we can advise them of the correct developer details, please?
it was on microsoft support live chat, so i don't know the exact contact person :|
Xrusa93

Post by Xrusa93 »

xboxsupport@microsoftsupport.com emailed me the exact same instruction, an individual named James. Im having this same issue where the DE from game pass doesn't unlock any characters
CodeMystics

Post by CodeMystics »

Xrusa93 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:43 am xboxsupport@microsoftsupport.com emailed me the exact same instruction, an individual named James. Im having this same issue where the DE from game pass doesn't unlock any characters
Thanks for the info. We've sent a note to that address.
Xrusa93

Post by Xrusa93 »

An update to the issue for everyone here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/ ... blggh51bmc

Uninstall ONLY the DE from the xbox/game pass app, and then go to this link to reinstall. For whatever reason, this resolved the issue for me on two separate machines. I have no idea why this works but it does (or did for me) so give it a shot.